Sunday 24 February 2013

Will I do it?

I am seriously wondering will I be able for it.  I still have not  run a mile with any ease.  Any time I catch my breath or start to wheeze, I start to panic, and then my brain kicks in telling me to stop. I am off cigarettes 4 weeks  and the affect they have sickens me. I need a brain re-wiring I need to find that voice that others have that says 'keep going, you can do it'.
I looked at the route of the RUN KILLARNEY MARATHON. I am frightened and excited all at the same time. In these moments, I do believe I can complete my half marathon.
But God, on Tuesday night  I couldn't see it. Brenda is great she ran next to me encouraging me not to stop or walk but to keep running. I have to say the rest of the group are inspirational and as I watch them complete two miles after strugling a mile my admiration for them is high.
I will get there, won't I?
I find that the week goes quickly now. I also tend to go to bed earlier and wake earlier. The benefits of running and lack of nicotine. Michelle one of the girls in the group gave me Allen Carrs book about giving up smoking which I am reading.
Saturday came around all too soon, it's worse I'm getting. My whole body felt like lead. We did hill training which wasn't too bad. But I should probably relish that thought because I'm sure I won't be saying that again.


No comments:

Post a Comment