Sunday 17 February 2013

Pain No Gain?

I entered my second week of training with a smile on my face. Full of hope that I would progress steadily. Which I felt I was. It really is amazing how a body reacts  when you give up nicotine, I didn't sound like a train as I jogged anymore. Now I still had trouble catching a breath sometimes but it would get better. I felt I was getting into my own stride.
Tuesday evening came around and I found myself looking forward to the training.  I jogged and walked a mile, stopping once or twice still coming in at the same position but it didn't feel as hard as it had before. I was heading for the STOP sign (AHHHHHH!!!) for the 1st mile the rest of my group were heading into their second, as they passed me by I thought some day soon that will be me. As the session came to a close I felt envigorated. 
The following morning I felt a stiffness in my ankles which persisted throughout the week and was annoyingly painful.
Since starting my training, my whole routine had changed I was more tired physically and I sleep a better sleep now.
Brenda had asked us to do a food diary for this week, which was going to a bit of a problem because I eat alot unhealthy non runner type foods.  The food thing was somethng to think about, I don't think I could run having eaten anything. Yet, for a run you needed fuel to carry you through it?  I suppose it will all come together,fingers, toes  etc.. crossed. I am rambling now.
As the week went on and my training continued , I ran nearly 10 mins without stopping. It doesn't sound alot does it but it was an achievement for me. I felt myself trying to eat healthier with the food diary to be written although unhealthy won out.
By Saturday morning, the stiffness and pain felt like two concrete blocks around my ankles.  Brenda had a look at my running style and I was extremely stiff. Not bending my knee enough, lifting my leg so all the pressure was on my ankles. Also, running shoes weren't ideal.  Brenda discussed everyones running style.  As runners pass me by now I look to see how they lift their legs of thr ground etc..
In fact, I think about running quiet alot these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment