Sunday 3 March 2013

It was a good Saturday

As usual we met in the Gleneagle Hotel carpark at 8.45 as usual, it is amazing that in a few short weeks  that getting up at 7.30 on saturday morning is now the norm.
Unlike usual Saturday mornings, we had a new route! After the high of Tuesday nights session, I felt really positive both mentally and physically.
I was ready to tackle whatever was in front of me.
So I left the carpark with the group and headed towards Killarney town, I put my glasses in my pocket and took up my place at the rear. But I felt good I found my pace and settled into it. I crossed the bridge over the Flesk river and headed for the traffic lights at the Top of the Muckross road. I kept running/jogging until I caught up with the group. AND I DIDN'T WALK. 
We were inside the National Park in Killarney, seriously we really dont appreciate how beautiful  the place we live in is. 
I headed down the long road as I call it. . Having got a cramp I slowed down and walked. But picked up the pace again.
As I mentioned Brenda had said we would be doing hill training and so we faced a hill. Which on the road from Molls Gap will be handy. Up we all went and down we all came a few times.
After all this we had to face the journey back to the Gleneagle. I said to Susan and Michelle how will we do it? How will I do it? As before, we  set off now this time I confess I slowed down. But,
as I headed into the carpark I felt good and I felt strong. I must be improved because Brenda told us we covered the following milleage - wait for it-  4 MILES.  Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
God what a difference five weeks make, little over a month ago I was huffing & puffing unable to do a minute without stopping shucks what a difference. The training during the week and the lack of nicotine is all helping.
I must post in my entry  for the RUN KILLARNEY HALF MARATHON this week. I'm feeling confident .

No comments:

Post a Comment