Sunday 10 March 2013

A few quick updates

Hi Sorry I haven't been on in a week. I just don't know where the time goes to.

Tuesday training was good, again I kept moving which I was happy with. Brenda also introduced Fartlek training. In our group of three Susan, Geraldine and I, someone said walk, then the other said jog & then another person said sprint. The kicker being that you had to continue until the person said stop, which is ok of you are walking but not so good if sprinting.  We cheered each other on.  I even managed to sprint. Geraldine is doing the half marathon in Tralee on 16th February so is very consistent and inspiring to those of us who haven't even run a 5K. When we reached the finish line (my dreaded STOP sign) Brenda said come on and I thought oh no we have to do it again, thankfully we were just doing our warm down.

In fact, I think that our group is quiet inspiring. I forgot to tell ye a few weeks ago one of our group Aidan headed off to climb Kilamanjaro. What an amazing achievement for him.

This week the weather has been all over the place dry, wet, cold, warm & as I write it is snowing outside. I will post a few pictures of the views I have seen as I am training.



As you can see from the pictures above The Run Killarney half marathon will definitely have one hell of a backdrop!

No comments:

Post a Comment