Tuesday 7 July 2015

10 days to go..


At this time of the year, its hard to find us all in the one place at the same time, Summer brings different time schedules and obligations, but usually there is always someone to keep you company on a run..
As we all know hills are not my favourite part of any run or training but they are necessary evil.. We've added the copper mine route to a few of our runs lately especially the longer ones, they really do take it out of you and as I live in a very hilly area, I 've tried to put in a few hill runs during week..

the thumbs up as I'm nearly finished..
Last Saturday, we headed out for a 5/6 mile run, it is still Soooo humid, I'm so sick of sweat in my eyes and everywhere else. We parked at Lidl and headed into the park. I was feeling slightly iffy so I wasn't expecting much out of the day. Tina and Mags headed towards Ross castle with Anna and myself in tow, as we chatted away the miles began to fall away, as we came up to the Castle there was no sign of Tina and Mags, so we presumed (as you do..) that they headed around the copper mine route (a route filled with hills...) and so we followed (as you do..). I was hesitant as more hills meant more pain.  Sometimes you can just power up a hill but then you're wrecked at the top and it takes longer to push on.. However, I walked a few, quickly. Poor Anna doubled back once or twice.. She has longer legs and a much quicker pace..  No sign of the girls meant that they obviously hadn't included the Copper mines (how right they were!!!) and as we headed back into the National Park at Bunrower it suddenly dawned of me we weren't parked at our usual spot and had to go back to Lidl. I was also having a mini mental meltdown, as it hit me a few miles back that in a fortnight I would be doing the half marathon. It is not the first time I have done this distance but this year, I want to run the best run I can.  As Anna listed off all the runs we had done in preparation, the amount of sweat we left on the floors of belieffit working on our cores, I took a breath and moved forward.


As we reached the Lidl car park, a quick look at the garmin showed nearly an 8 mile run...

Wiping the sweat away in the car as I changed my clothes is a normal part of my running experience as I usually have no time to go home. The Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle was on, among the nearly 11 or so thousand people doing it were Bernie and Gillian.
It is always a great day in Killarney and I am as always in awe of those people cycling. I had the usual cycling envy as I have still have not conquered my cycling fears. It is so long since I was on a bike they make have looked like this..

The sun was out! There was a marvellous atmosphere, we laughed, danced, sang and cheered each cyclist in to the finish area.



soaking up some rays...

Bernie passing us she finished .. (she has the bit of white on!)
I  missed the camera for Gillian but got Bernie (just about)  as she passed us, we got very excited as we saw them. In fairness, they both looked well after doing a 180km cycle. I'm on the floor just thinking about it..

We were out running on Monday,  as I waited at our usual spot I began to think maybe no one was showing but as traffic was chaotic everyone was running late

View from the bench..
As we had TRX, we just did a 5K which was just as well because as we came into the last mile it began to rain.
And so here I am this Tuesday evening, the wind and rain is howling outside, it is 10 days until the Run Killarney Half marathon, where does the time go?  Tapering begins this week..
And so looking forward I am thinking  #Bringiton!

No comments:

Post a Comment