Friday 17 July 2015

This time to tomorrow...



The last week has passed quickly and here I am the day before the Run Killarney Half marathon.   

Panic has hit me in waves throughout the week at present I'm calm but I'm sure tomorrow morning will bring another tsunami of panic.. A busy weekend, the humidity and the taper have also left me feeling tired. As I headed to meet the girls for a run on Tuesday I could have easily headed for my bed! We decided to just do 4 miles so Anna, Mags, Susan, Karen and myself headed off towards Fossa. The first mile my legs felt like lead thankfully, the group is always there to encourage me to put one foot in front of the other. Switching off my Garmin, 4 miles done! As we chatted at the park gates, we made our arrangements of where and when to meet up on Saturday morning, some of us are doing the half and others the 10K so we won't all meet up until we cross the finish line...GULP!
The following day my race pack arrived in the post contained in an envelope which created both feelings of excitement and dread... 

Race pack..

The weather has been very wet today although I'm reliably informed that the weather in Killarney town itself, is lovely. This evening, I'm packing bags trying not to forget anything! I'm sure I will!!
Tomorrow is also the replay of Kerry V Cork, so in honour of Kerry I'll be wearing a touch of green and gold...

My Asics for the day...
To all, the R.I.O.T runners have a great run tomorrow, I am looking forward to crossing that Finish line so we can celebrate and kick back ...Tomorrow my hope for everyone running is that you all run to best run and enjoy a great day.
 #Bringiton.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment