Friday 31 July 2015

Recovery and looking for new running challenges...

For a day two after the half marathon, I was in recovery mode!  I still had a feeling of stiffness in my left leg specifically my IT band I could the muscles creaking... But after a day or two of rest, some icing and a deep relaxing bath using 'Bernies Miracle Bath salts', (named so by our group because Bernie found them) I was ready to run once more on Tuesaday evening.

The smell they leave in bathroom is fantastic..
We gathered on the Tuesday after the run, it was a lovely evening. I put on the Run Killarney tech shirt, I'm loving the black! There was so many people out running as I've said the evening was so fine.. We headed out the Fossa Way, there were no hills, thankfully! I had a solid run! I finished smiling, after the half marathon it didn't seem too bad..Hahaha!!!
We are at the end of July and the weather here in Ireland feels like November. It takes as much effort to motivate yourself to get out and run than it does to run! But sometimes the views make it worth it!


Two weeks have passed since the Half marathon and I am running a couple times a week but having a run to look forward to, is always great motivation. At present, my next run is a 5K Colour Run which I have to say I'm looking forward to, (although not the clean up), it'll be a great laugh.  After that I have a few thoughts but I haven't signed up to anything yet.  Decisions will have to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment