Sunday 28 June 2015

It's just therapy..

Training has been continuing for the Run Killarney Half marathon which takes place in 3 weeks.  Ahhhh!!!  It is still quite humid so I am just such a #sweatybetty. 
Monday I ran a solid 5 miles, Tuesday saw me in the park once more.. not as solid but we were smiling at the end of it..

Running selfies...
On Saturday morning, I met up with Anna and Tina, we were heading out on our 10 mile run. We headed off at a steady pace towards Fossa, the girls although decidedly faster on their feet stayed with me.. Today's run was about putting in the mileage! The sweat began flowing steadily around mile 4, sweat dripping into the eyes really stings.. But we moved forward at my tempo (slow and slower), so happy was I..

Scenery like this does help..
The miles just seemed to fly by and soon we were at 7 miles with only 3 miles to go and I hadn't hit my internal wall. Happy Running... We then came to the hilly portion of the run, happy running became the pain in my 'backside' run (I once again apologise to my fellow runners for the complaining...)


Sometimes you just have to stop and take a picture! 
Heading into the last  mile or so, I had a bit of a wobble, but the girls doubled back and told me to keep going we were nearly there and so I did!
Woohoo.. 10 miles done and unlike the last time I ran that distance no cramping. It went by so quickly we had run, walked, talked, laughed,supported and urged each other on..






No comments:

Post a Comment