Sunday 21 June 2015

Pushing on through...

Most runs are just that - a run, you moving forward in a continuous motion and faster than if you were walking (in theory!)  Sometimes you may have a bad run and other times you may have a good run on a rare occasion it will be great, this last week has been a mixture of good and bad. I'm hoping for great some day soon.
Anna and I, did an 8 mile run through the national park which really didn't feel like training I quite enjoyed it. There was no pressure on time and pace, we ran, talked, stayed quiet, pushed on, walked and got it done.
Monday evening, I met Anna, Karen and Mags.  I planned to do 5 miles which i did. It was just one of those runs were you just feel strong with each step and mile. Loved it!! I also met Tiffany who ran with us last year, she was also out for a run. As I finished Anna and Mags, were also finishing having done an extra bit. Karen was also waiting as she is still carrying an injury and so did her walk instead of a run.The following evening, I met up with Anna and Susan, 5 miles once more, but this time not so much a feeling of being strong rather an inner monologue of:-
'Will it end??'. 

Focus One More Mile... 
Shoe Tag came courtesy of Anna, it's sentiment was never needed more than on Tuesday or Saturday, read on..
The weather has been muggy and warm which means some days when I run I become a #sweatybetty. Saturday was one such day, it was glorious blue skies and warm weather but for running it meant sweat, sweat and more sweat. We also should probably have ran earlier in the day than we did but there's always next week. Mags headed out a bit earlier but finished her run by doing the canal loop as we started ours. As Anna, Michelle and I headed off the plan was to do 8 miles, you know the saying best laid plans... We headed towards Ross Castle, we ran and walked as needed, I wasn't feeling it, Michelle is nursing an injury but Anna was chief cheerleader. I had a very robust round of TRX Friday evening and each hill was making my backside burn, which I shared with the girls at the top of each hill... And to them, I say Sorry!
The views are always good but as it was a true blue sky day so they were fantastic..

Running Views
As we came up on 5 miles, I tried to persuade Anna that we could finish up, we had  done well etc.. I tried earlier to but to no avail, I thought I give it another try. She was having none of it.. 
So on we ran, there was sweat falling into my eyes, not pleasant.. Michelle, who loves the parks larger residents the deer was in her element when we spotted a doe with a little fawn..

Park residents..
I knew I hadn't another two or so miles in me and it really was hot.. and so 8 miles became 7, and we headed up Knockreer hill and then down to the car. Having done 8 mile runs the previous two Saturdays, I didn't feel too bad about the lost mile or so.
Each mile of Saturdays run was hard fought mentally, slower than previous runs but quicker than this time last year, so progress which is always a boost!!
As I am in training for the Run Killarney Half Marathon, next weeks long run heads into double digits. I can't believe its that time of year.. My plan for next weeks run is to just put one foot in front of the other, with no pressure for time or pace.
#Funtimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment