Friday 19 July 2013

Inspiration.....

Well it's the night before the Run Killarney Half marathon. I made it!!!!!! It doesn't seem that long ago I was starting my training. That first run to the STOP sign will stay in my memory. I have since developed a hate/love relationship with this Killarney landmark and  had to share a picture of it with you all. I am reliably informed most of our group have developed the same feelings for it

Here it is!


Today I collected my run pack, got my first official race tech  t-shirt. I went to the expo and had the pleasure of meeting Gerry Duffy. What a true gentleman. I got his latest book,  'Tick, Tock, Ten', which I look forward to reading next week. He took the time to speak to me and offer encouragement, which I very much appreciated. He was very generous with his time with all those who approached him.


I met a few of the group and everyone seemed in good spirits.

And so, the next time I will write on this blog, I hopefully will have completed a half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment