Sunday 16 June 2013

Run Killarney its in sights


This is the promo for the half marathon I'm running.

This week I feel good about my limited abilities. I have realised during my training I can push myself when needed or if needed.
I am doing my last long run next Saturday 13 miles. When Brenda said it again yesterday my heart was palpitating. But what I have to keep in mind is that I have done 10 miles, no it wasn't pretty but I did it,  My goal this year is to cross the line. This time  next year I hope to be a better runner.
During the week, I have been training in the Muckross part of the national park , as it still holds some kind of mental block over me when I run. I stop, start, stop, start. I get so cross with myself.  I am determined to conquer this inner demon over the few weeks I have left.
I was late for training yesterday morning and had to catch up with the group, We were doing hill training in the demesne . How do runners go up  mountains and hills at pace in the adventure races? I was winded half way up the hill for the first time.
All I can do at this point is keep training and give it my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment