Monday 10 June 2013

Here comes the Summer

Well Friday evening I did feel better and went out for 4 miles. I tried to stay to the shadier routes. People were sitting out and it seemed more people were out an about than usual. I actually enjoyed it. Saturday morning, we had training the sky was blue and you could imagine you were in the tropics. We all set off on our run, I just got on with it, yes I slowed a bit at times, yes I stopped to get my breath but I kept going. And this is the thing, This time next year I will be so much better. But today I'm so much better than I was in February.
I enjoyed Saturday morning, Aidan who is running in the marathon in July was doing a longer run and he is an inspiration, he is always smiling as he runs.  Brenda told us on Tuesday that  are 13 mile long run is on Saturday 22nd June, we would be starting at 8 am. On Saturday, Brenda told us some wanted to start at 7 am so we have the choice to start at 7 or 8. I'm going go at 8 am because the half marathon will start at 8.30 am and I want to practice with eating before hand, hydration etc..
After training on Saturday headed to the beach Rossbeigh it was fab!
On Sunday, went down around Muckross again, I managed to do 3 miles. I would feel so guilty if I didn't go.
I am giving it my all for the few weeks that are left. AHHHHHH!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment