Friday 31 May 2013

Mountains to climb

Well, went out training on Tuesday and seriously I was like a complete complete beginner. Just couldn't get into any rhythm at all was stopping and got a cramp. But I kept going as best as I could I know what a wall is I think I must have hit a few times at this stage. What I have learned is that you just have to keep plodding on. I'm determined to finish.
I was running the other evening, sweat flowing the sun beating down was lovely but John says to me you are a slow runner aren't you. He didn't mean anything by it, in fact it was the truth but I felt indignant, like I was the only one who say I was slow. The same evening I met someone who was running a half marathon for the first time who was aiming to do it in an hour and a half, when they asked how I was getting on I said "Fine".
Putting that day aside I have a big evening ahead of me the group will meet this evening to do a ten miler, I am going an hour earlier to start it, I aim to finish by hook or my crook. This evening will test my mind more than anything, so I thought I'd have a rant clear any negative thoughts and be in a good frame of mind.
I will do it, I will do it, I will do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment