Monday 27 May 2013

Feeling haappppppy

I have to say Tuesday training was never my favourite session and that hasn't changed. My stop sign is still in the same place and as I ran up to it for the third time on Tuesday, I was once again mentally cursing it. But you know what I did it, of course I did because I can. I have to smile sometimes when I think about a session like Tuesday, some people are just naturally gifted and we have a few runners who fit that bill in our group. Liam is just a fast runner there is no slow gear he can't find it, Nora brought her dog with her the dog looked more worn out at the end of our session. But that is what makes the group great because everyone encourages everyone and there is always something to aspire to.
We got our program for the week and the biggest run on it was a 6 mile. Which I completed on Thursday, now I won't lie and say I ran every bit of every mile I didn't. But I ran the majority of it and you know what compared to what I could do I did well. So this week I have completed 18 miles in total. I find that now that mentally I'm not saying to myself you must run every bit I feel I am running better.
Ordered a new pair of Asics so they will arrive next week, so excited! No Jimmy Choos for me!
Sunday, I went into Killarney town to meet the runners who completed the great Irish Marathon 26 miles in 26 counties in 24 hours. Brenda was training the group  and had completed it herself. I have to say they all looked very fresh faced and they had fresh legs, as we ran the last mile with them. Susan, Mags and Aidan were also there, we ran up by the plaza hotel and finished at the Market Cross.
So I look forward to the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment