Monday 20 May 2013

Back to the group.

Well the alarm went off on Saturday morning and I hopped out of my cosy bed, to go running with the group. It felt good to have that focus again, I know it was only  few weeks but it felt so much longer. As we headed off I got into my own pace, slow but that's OK. Brenda has given me a beginners program so I can catch up a bit. so I must run/walk the distances. Which somehow in my head doesn't make them so daunting and when I push on I feel it'll be OK.  I also am trying to conquer my thoughts  when I am running and feeling good, the following thoughts start to enter my consciousness 'I am running, but will I be able to do it. Maybe I'll fail, Maybe it'll be dark before I finish' and then I lose my breath and feel panicked. It happens every now and again, so having expressed these fears to Brenda. She gave me the following words of wisdom 'Trust in what I have achieved so far and trust in her program to bring me over the line". I felt little lighter when I finished training on Saturday. I didn't go as far as the rest of the group but I felt good about the run I did do.
Have had my mind lighten my Brenda on Saturday, I headed on Sunday for a 5mile run/walk, which I did, mostly running. I was tired but felt totally high afterwards.
So with all that an e-mail arrived today to tell me there was 9 weeks left to the marathon!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment