Saturday 2 January 2016

2015 summed up with a glance at 2016..

I started 2016 of  by doing the Beaufort 10K with some of the Riot runners, the weather was appalling. It was a tough one!  I'll put 'pen to paper' about it soon.

Since I've started this blog I've done bit of  of a yearly sum up as the old year ends to see what I have achieved and get me ready to face the new year ahead.

My Running Year 2015


Total Mileage:-                       554.55 miles      

Highest Mileage
Month:-                                  June

Lowest Mileage
Month:-                                  December

Runs done:-                            132

Pace:-                                      Improving

My Races:-                              6

Half Marathon                        Run Killarney Half Marathon

10 Mile                                   Tralee Valentine  10 mile run

10K                                         Killarney women's mini marathon

4m                                           Maurice Collins Memorial run

5K                                           Run for the Angels 5K
                                             
                                                Colour Run 5k

I also started attending my local Park run on Saturday mornings in Killarney National Park.

This year I also started doing core and strength training at Crossfit Training. This has transformed my running.


Pb's 
At the start of the year my aim was to achieve 10K in 70 Min's and a half marathon within 2hr 30 I happy to say I met all these goals. I  have run a 62 min 10K while training but on a time race I ran a 66 min 10K at the Killarney Mini marathon. In July I ran a 2.21 half marathon.
I also achieved PBS 1 mile and 5K Pb's.

Looking ahead to 2016 I want to be more consistent.

I have so far decided to do the following runs:

February                     Clonakilty 10K
                                    Valentines 10 Mile Tralee

March                         Tralee Half Marathon

This will keep me busy for the first few months of the year.
Looks like a fun year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment