Sunday 20 December 2015

December running...

Well I haven't done much running so the title of this post is highly ironic. The last post was just before I was to do the Clonakilty marathon. The weather that weekend was appalling and there was a red weather warning. Having checked all social media, email etc..the morning of the run all systems were go, so at 4.30 am I headed down to Clonakilty. It was still raining but as I drove through floods, I was looking forward to running. But pulling into the car park, the marshall said the run was cancelled! I was peeved but more than that I was disappointed. It has since been rescheduled for the 6th of February 2016. 
I did go for a run the following day,it felt good to run. But storm desmond had left a few obstacles on my usual route.


The weather hasn't been the best over the past few weeks, living here in Ireland you would think I would be  used to it. Running during December hasn't been the greatest. Although I have managed to run most weeks I know I haven't had the best of running months although I have been going to crossfit, so at least I have  been using some of my muscles!!
Eleven days left in the month so hopefully I'll get in a couple of runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment