Wednesday 9 October 2013

Racing dreams.

Well having taken on what Brenda said, I tried to put it all into practice. 
Probably the first run after that training session, I did a run around the demense and the Killarney Golf Course, it just was not going to the plan I had in my head. Without my glasses, I am as blind as a bat and as I ran onto the golf course there was a load of golfers, I was sure I was going to get a golf ball in the head. I freaked myself out and slowed down and down to a WALK. I know maddening!!!! But as I came on to the path, I gave myself a good talking to. The couple, I was passing at the time, must have thought who is the raving lunatic because at that moment, I realised I was giving out to myself aloud! But I dug in and kept going, when I felt myself stopping I slowed down to a shuffling jog. As I saw the playground, I was still running, yeahhhh!! and I felt good/strong.
My next few runs I felt more confident in myself and I think that kept me moving forward. I was smiling as I ran and yes, I did use the R word.
For our next training session, we were hill running. Oh what fun, that was. I kid you not I had pains in my gluteus maximus the following day!
I had to drop my mother in law to Farranfore airport during the week, I was in Killarney for just after 7 am. So I parked at the Gleneagle Hotel and went for a run, there were a good few people out and about. I had to run pass the 'STOP' sign that gave me nightmares for so much of this year, I fooled my brain by running pass it to flesk bridge so I sailed pass it with a smile on face. Progress? I have to say I felt like a real grown-up going for a run before work.  
You know that saying 'two steps forward one step back', well that's how I felt at training this week. This week was all about breathing. I was ok for awhile but then ........... Homework, to be done.

I also felt I should set down a few running goals and so for the rest of this year my running aims are the following:-
10K  in Clonakilty on 7th December 2013
and as I was inspired by Brenda and Bernie at the weekend who did Killarney Adventure Race, I'm going to sign up for Hell Mountain Race in Portamagee.

Wish me luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment