Wednesday 17 April 2013

Diagnosed and on the mend.

Well on Friday I attended the physio, my self diagnosis was wrong.
Thankfully!
What I did have was injury to a ligament and tendon on the back outside part of my knee. . I laid out my story how I was doing my first half marathon, how I am not the fastest or most competent runner, how I really needed to train. After much poking, prodding and acupuncture, I was given exercises to do. I was not going to be running for a while. I then had to text Brenda and tell her that I wouldn't be able to take part in the running group for at least a week. I'll felt I was letting everyone down.  But it's better to be out now than be out with only a week or so to go.
I went back to physio on Tuesday and there was some good improvement, the pain Is now more localised.
I have decided to be optimistic & positive. I'm just hoping I won't be out too long. Going back on Friday.
I have a candle lit here as I write about my week, to offer up my prayers for all those who died or were hurt at the Boston Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment