Friday 12 January 2018

Back at it..

Sunday was a beautiful blue sky day and so seemed like the perfect day to head for a run.. They are digging up the road outside my house so I headed to the track. I should point out it hasn't stopped raining here since so glad I ran when I did.
I started with a steady 400m then 5 x 200m 10 x 100m finished once more with a 400m. Looked for a steady consistent pace which I found but the 100m winded me completely.. As anyone who has read this blog or knows me, I'm not a sprinter. I did push myself so there was a lot of heavy breathing between runs.. Gave myself short rest..
The final 400m was OK but I started to fast and tired quickly the finish was not pretty. Thankfully it was a blue sky day so that helped with my recovery.

Looking forward to getting out running again..

1 comment:

  1. I love Sunday runs, also. I didn't start running with a particular race in mind a few years ago. But this year found myself training or a half marathon with SportMe running app. Hope all will go smoothly, thanks.

    ReplyDelete