Tuesday 30 May 2017

Running to a stand still...

I am not a sprinter as any one who has previously read this blog can attest to I would describe my running spirit animal as more turtle than hare..where is this going I hear you saying I'm wondering too. 
I've run half marathons and 10ks always at my steady comfortable pace. So when I run I never push myself to feel that  'I can't catch my breath' pace.  By this I'm not talking about Usain Bolts speed it's more that I don't like that breathless feeling that's by no means life threatening or health damaging, merely uncomfortable to me.. And why would I want to? On an occasion that I'm anyway near it I pull back, why because I hate that feeling when my chest starts to rattle, (no one to blame but myself.. Years of smoking). But in order in order to improve my running I know I'll have to get uncomfortable...
I got off the couch to run at 40 started CrossFit at 43 so I'm continuing to improve and getting stronger. 
The longest run I have ran of late is about 4 miles. My plan over the next few months is to push myself a little and conquer the smaller distances a bit easier than I do now. This like everything is easier to say than do... Wish me luck 🍀


No comments:

Post a Comment