Wednesday 20 July 2016

Am I half marathon ready??

The best answer I can offer is I hope so. I have been putting in the miles but compared to this time last year probably not enough. But I won't panic Yet! Maybe around mile 8... #touchwood.
Over the past few weeks I have had some lovely blue sky runs. There is nothing better, everywhere looks fabulous and as long as it's not too hot and muggy the run is always good. I find I smile more and everyone you meet is smiling too. Although a run in the rain can be good too living in Ireland we're more used to the latter.



I've been making friends with the local wildlife too as last Sunday I ran into a swarm of bees. They weren't interested in me thankfully preferring to fly in large circle but my pace quickened significantly so they wouldn't get the chance. On another run I ran into wildlife of a more woolly kind...
Only in Ireland...
I feel my legs are definitely stronger than last year which is as a result of better running and Crossfit. I have Crossfitters thighs,  although mine were big long before I found Crossfit but were way more flabby than they are now. As the Crossfit games are on in California this week I'll be distracting myself from the half marathon by watching the athletes do their stuff online especially the ladies #strongwomen. Also I'll make sure to take on some extra fluid.
Over the last few years the Runkillarney half marathon has become a regular part of my running year. As I love a good view the scenery on this half marathon is truly stunning which is always a plus when I run.
The Lakes of Killarney

I'm hoping to finish strong  by which I mean I finish smiling with no aches. Other than that my only plan for my run is to cross the finish line and collect my bling...

2 comments:

  1. I like your post! Do you like to run hill? The feeling is great! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Canus and for the nice comment about the post. I can't say running hills is a my favourite thing to do but getting to the top of any hill is great feeling. Enjoy your running and keep climbing..

      Delete