Thursday 28 April 2016

Taking control..

I've entitled this post 'taking control' and that's what I need to do. Of what, you maybe asking? Of what I put into my mouth is the answer. I've really let the nutrition side slide. I didn't take the losses I made in my weight and progress with it, instead I slipped back into old habits. I want to be a healthy person. Even though I run and do crossfit I am not as healthy as I could be. Of course there is also some or maybe even a lot of vanity I want to look good in my gym gear, to not worry about the jiggle of my 'gluteus maximus' as I run or squat and have thighs that don't have saddle bags attached to them. It isn't always about buying the right dress size etc.. I sometimes feel that I can't do a movement in Crossfit especially the gymnastics because I'm too large which when you consider the 1000's of people around the world who do these movements, is completely ridiculous. 
As I have been told the success to a healthy weight is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, which is sometimes easy to forget. How easy it is to tell yourself you deserve the big cream bun after the hard workout or run. Now that's OK every now and again but lately the treats have becoming more routine and they have headed straight onto my saddle bags. 
And so, over the next few weeks I'm going to re-focus my eating habits.  Also as part of this renewal of fitness I am going to be doing some HIIT with Eric as part of the 4 week Body Shred Challenge, which couldn't have come at a better time for me.
Now don't get me wrong I haven't put an awful lot of weight back on but enough to make my jeans feel snug. It is easy to put your head in the sand, which I have done a few times, So this time I'm not going to, I'm going to get back on track and get to work.

So more funtimes ahead..

'It's good to have an end to journey to, but it is the journey that matters in the end'  
- Ernest Hemmingway



No comments:

Post a Comment