Thursday 1 January 2015

Finishing on a high...

December was a busy month, last year the Clonakilty 10K was the last run of the year, this year a few more had been added. 
First up was the Santa Run in Killarney, a 5K through the Killarney National Park, this one I was walking as I had my godson with me but Anna, Michelle and Tina were flying the flag for the group. They dressed for the season and looked wonderfully festive. At the finish line, we all received lovely medals and goody bags..

Santa's helpers..

BLING!
At training on Monday, Brenda came to run with us and we had a catch up over coffee afterwards, it was the last training run of 2014. 
These Monday evening runs, are such a part of my weekly routine, I am as I write, looking forward to them starting up again in 2015.
But we weren't finished running yet, the following Sunday, due to our now legendary love of 'bling', Anna, Bernie and I entered the Santa Dash which was held at Inch beach, the girls were running the 10K so I persuaded John to run the 5k with me. It was bitterly cold, this and the strong wind added an extra dimension of fun.. We had to dress in full Santa suits which are made of felt so the less layers inside made for easier body temperature control, I thought this would be the hardest part but in fact the straight route out and back was tough. After the half way turnaround,  heading straight into the wind was work. But we did it, enjoying it and marvelling at how ridiculous we looked.. 
There was a choice of bling, some lit up, some played music.. I know very fancy!



Like most people Christmas was about eating too much and lounging around, but I got new running gear as a pressie so they had to be put to use and wanting to keep what fitness I had, I ran on the 27th.
This was my last run of 2014.


I rejoice in the improvements I have made in 2014 and look forward to what 2015 has in store. I saw the following quote somewhere over the last week or so and it is so apt to our group and to me especially, Its my motto for the year ahead 

" 2013 was practice, 2014 was the warm up,  #2015GAMEON "

No comments:

Post a Comment