Friday 9 January 2015

2014 Summed up and looking forward to 2015...

I managed a run on New Years Day, it was good run were I nearly set a new Pb, I finished smiling but to be honest, I haven't been too consistent since. I did manage a 5 mile run which I found tough, my legs were heavy on the ground but I have decided, I am going to use this running route as a test for both my fitness and my running over the next year. It has a bit of everthing on offer straight road, different surfaces and gradients. Funtimes ahead!!

Last year I did a recap of 2013 which I found helpful in showing how far I had come, this year I decided to do the same;

My Running Year 2014

Total Mileage:-            570 miles

Highest Mileage 
Month:-                         May

Lowest Mileage
Month:-                         February

Runs done:-                  145

Pace:-                             Improved

My Races:-                    7

Half Marathon              Run Killarney

10 Mile                           Killarney

10K                                 Rose of Tralee
                                        Killarney Women's Mini marathon
                                        Clonakilty

5K                                   Santa Dash

Adventure                      D'hillbillies Mud Run

Pb's

HM, 10K, 5K, 1K,1M

Looking ahead to 2015 I have so far decided to do the following runs:

8 February  Run 4 our Angels 5K/10K, Kilgarvan
5 April        Maurice Collins Memorial 4m Road Race, Banna
18 July        Run Killarney Half Marathon 
(This will be the year I conquer it but running by best run)
16 Aug        Rose of Tralee 10K
19 Sept        Dawn Women Mini Marathon
26 Sept        Killarney 10 Mile

Some of these runs are now regular fixtures in my calendar and others are new, more will be added and some listed above may not be done.
With four weeks before the first run of the year, I better put on my runners and get out on the road. 
#GAMEON


No comments:

Post a Comment