Wednesday 14 May 2014

'Moaning myrtle' am I..

Well it's been a busy few weeks with running and a bank holiday thrown into the mix. To begin, I want to congratulate Siobhan and Bernie on their runs. Siobhan did a great first half marathon in Limerick and Bernie ran an inspiring 22K in the Killarney Wings for Life run. Amazing ladies!
Our training night fell on the Bank holiday, so we met  at the Demense. We did our warm up and stretched. The aim was to run two loops- run down by canal, over bridge and up hill and reverse, we were told to push it. I don't know if I have the ability to push it! 
Especially, when I am being timed!
We did another loop I tried to push it at the end. Yeahh!! Training schedules handed out for the week, it's not bad.

I have my usual days for running and in truth, I much prefer running in the morning. The last week or so, I have felt unenthuasiastic with my running, I can't find my rhythm, I go out with all the best intentions.. I run on, I slow down, I speed up it's just frustrating.

 'Moaning myrtle' should be my new name. 

Anyways, last Monday training was out at Torc. The day was really wet and I was sure we were going to get soaked, but other than at a bit of a drizzle it was fine. The session started out with a quick walk up the steps, then we jogged on as we hit the top carpark, we stretched. The road then goes straight down or goes further up. Guess which way we went?
Brenda, once more reminded me of my breathing as I had mentioned earlier I was finding it tough and I set to it. Onwards, the route is quiet pretty, but to be honest I didn't see much of it. At, the bridge they were waiting, lets go says Brenda as she continued forward. The road has a good pull in it before hitting a steep hill with a bend in it, it was at this point in the evening that I thought Brenda was trying to kill me! I swear, woe was me I thought as I shuffled forward! Now it wasn't as if anyone in the group would have thought it was fun I'm sure they didn't. The thing is, I knew I go would up the hill, if I could just notch it up a bit. As we came down, we were all having a little chat and soon, we were at the bottom of the steps.

We look fresh...


After we had reached the carpark and stretched, Brenda gave us Run Killarney entry forms which I have to get to this week.
Also, this weekend Tina and Bernie are running a half marathon in Killarney and Siobhan is doing the 10K in Dingle.
Push on is the motto for the week..

No comments:

Post a Comment