Friday 28 August 2015

Abs, saddlebags and running mojo...

My runs over the last few weeks have been a bit hit and miss. I have had a real lack of motivation to push on when out running. I know what I have to do but my legs have felt like lead on more than one of my recent runs. I've lost my running mojo!
The anomaly to this has been the local Park run which I am really enjoying. It definitely pushes you! I have improved my performance with each run which I am so pleased about.


I have been attending TRX and HIIT sessions at Belief Fit in Killarney, to strengthen the core (which in theory should help to improve my running) and to burn the 'flubber' of my backside, which has been working. Yeahhh!! I have now progressed to Crossfit which I am loving. My abs are a work in progress... During these classes they also have some sprinting, one workout included running with weights...



My saddlebags are also a work in progress...
John took both pictures as he waited for me. For the first picture he was with one my nephews they had just come from the pizza parlour, pizza in hand! 
I have short legs, big hips and large thighs so running photos are not my best look!

I missed group training Monday, but met up with Anna to go for a run on Tuesday. We decided to change it up a bit and so headed out to Muckross for a run. Best idea ever! I smiled throughout the run. We ran through woods, passed red deer, the lake, tourists taking pictures and finished by climbing the steps of Torc waterfall. The change of scenery was all that was needed to re-energise my running legs....

#runningviews
The next few weeks are going to be busy as various members of the group take part in events,this weekend Bernie and Michelle are taking part in the Sandstorm event on Ballyheigue beach. This is an obstacle course run so it should be great fun, of course Bernie has home beach advantage!

I am glad to have gotten out of my running funk this week, re-energised I am looking forward to my next run!

No comments:

Post a Comment