Tuesday 25 November 2014

#Bringiton

A few weeks ago, I mentioned consistency was the aim for the month, and I have tried to stick this especially when putting in the mileage.
As usual I look forward to Mondays, when the running group meet, our new route or our 'Winter route' as I like to call it, is Lidl car park to the Gleneagle Hotel and for some further. Needless to say I don't go further but these days I'm not too far behind. I have to say my running has most definitely improved in fact over the last few weeks I have hit a few new PBs. Which does wonders for the confidence!! I even ran a mile which when I looked at the Garmin it had a 9 in front of it, gasp...I know, who knew I could run that fast?  It is of course an aberration, but it felt good. I had spring in my step for the rest of the day!! For some reading this they'll think how slow, but hey people remember the turtle crosses the line as well as the hare!!!
Talking about improvements, Anna believes its all to do with the length of her arms,... this is her explanation for her quickening pace not all the hard work she has put in over the last year or her natural ability.
The weather here has been hit and miss, plenty of wet days but also there have been a few blue sky days, when the crisp air makes you run that bit faster and you end each run smiling. It is slightly harder to motivate myself, when its dark outside, last Tuesday was one of those evenings heading out my legs felt heavy etc... I also had the wrong underwear on (sorry, I know TMI, but warts and all). I had just decided to stop and turn around when who should I see running toward me, Tina. As she bounded pass all cheerful, putting in the effort, I knew I just had to suck it up and run on. Reaching the car later, a bit sore, I was glad I hadn't given in.
There is one good thing about running in the dark though no one can see your wobbly bits, maybe this to has contributed to an increase in pace..just a thought!

Blurry post run...

At the start of September, Michelle, Anna and myself began doing TRX  at Belief Fit in Killarney, I have really noticed the benefits of it. The class is tough, I sweat buckets and my muscles cry leaving it. My core still has a long way to go but even now I feel the benefit as I don't bend as much as I run. I have to say thanks to Siobhan for introducing me to TRX.

Road outside my door..

It is always good to have a goal, to keep running towards. At present our local community are all in training for a run on Sunday 8th February 2015, organised by the running group 'Kilgarvan Ag Rith'. This run is in memory of baby Aodhan Kelleher, funds raised will benefit the national charity Feileacain. They are offering two options a 5K and 10K both are challenging, (both of whose routes pass my front door) starting in Kerry,heading into Cork,and back to Kerry to finish near the Top of Coom Ireland's Highest Pub, where you can celebrate your PB or just that you crossed the line. All details can be found on Facebook at  'Kilgarvan Ag Rith' or Precision Timing.

At present, we are gearing up for Clonakilty, there is a group of us heading down for it. I will be doing the 10K, which I did last year but not very well. As anyone who reads this blog knows I am not good in a race situation, so I am not expecting too much. I plan to relax , enjoy the run (as best I can) and party afterwards.
Motto for the Clonakilty weekend is #Bringiton.



No comments:

Post a Comment