Monday 30 June 2014

Leave it go..

Well the weather has been fantastic, it has been blue sky weather. Great in general bit not so much for running. The humid air makes it hard. Bit, we persevere! Sweaty and sticky has been the order of the day for much of the past  fortnights runs.
Logging the mileage on the legs has been the aim, not pretty, definitely not graceful but getting it done,
Well last Thursday, I had a lovely run it was drizzling but I went out early, no one around & I just switched off. Before long I was back at the car smiling. Loved it!
Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said about Saturdays run.
We met at the Gleneagle car park at 7am and headed off on our long run. The first couple of miles were OK at my own pace, I was smiling, the dinis route is hilly and so takes a bit of effort in parts and as I met the girls coming against me they told me Brenda was waiting for me and as I thought of the half marathon I said 'I can't do it'. Of course, she told me I could. So I turned and headed back, as I continued on I knew I wasn't right and I sweat alot normally but when I felt dizzy, I just knew I couldn't finish. I rang Brenda and she came back to me. This is the first time I didn't finish, I was so embarrassed-mortification.
After making sure I got some energy into me, Brenda gave me the advice 'it was a bad run, leave it here' and so hopefully my bad run is behind me and it's all good from here..
For some of the group it was the first time they had ran in double digits so what a great morning for them. Bernie ran an amazing 10K this Sunday in Kilmoyley coming 2nd in the ladies category.
In other news, I am officially registered for the Run Killarney Half marathon..  All I can say at this stage is #Bringiton

No comments:

Post a Comment