Wednesday 20 November 2013

Finally progress......

Well I haven't written in a while but I have been running. And, I have been running steadily and happily. I have been really enjoying our Tuesday evening training, its great to run with the group. We have been training from the Car park in Lidl which I think for some reason has helped to re-focus me. A few weeks back at the end of one our sessions, I realised that I hadn't stopped once while training, I had kept going like everyone else and I felt proud of this little achievement.
Since that night, I have felt so much better and much more confident about my running. I feel a steadiness in my legs which I can't really explain in words other than to say I know now I can do it! 
I have looked forward each week to Tuesday evening, running with the group pushes me to run better in a way I wouldn't do by myself. This week we had our last Tuesday session until the the start of January.
The weather has been a bit hit and miss and I have got wet while out running. Running in the rain is really refreshing and it has given me a real sense of freedom. There was one Sunday in particular that springs to mind when the rain was so heavy the paths in the park were starting to get flooded but yet it was a good run. This time last year in that rain I wouldn't have walked to the car to drive through park!
The next few weeks I will run knowing I have signed up to do the 10k in Clonkilty in December.  The hills are freaking me out a bit.
I just keep saying to myself keep moving forward eventually I'll see the finish the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment